Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Historical Society

Baldwin


This is a southeast facing view, showing the north freight platform, the passenger and freight station, and covered south freight platform. On the left of the photograph is the Baldwin station Team Track A-1 siding which parallels the mainline and extends to the rear of the staion. Photo source: M&PRR files - Insurance Photo- February, 1940.

 

Maryland and Pennsylvania RR timetables listed this station as Number 18, located 18.4 miles north from Baltimore and 58.8 miles south from York.

Three stations were constructed at this locale during the life of the railroad. In 1906, the familiar PRR Type W 103 station was constructed. The ubiquitous M&P milk platforms, type W2, were located both north and south of the station. A cattle chute, north of the station was also listed for Baldwin.

Baldwin's only commerical structure, a coal trestle, 72 feet long, existed from 1915-1943 and was used by the Dixon Connely Co.

Frederick, Gary, Focus On... Baldwin; TIMETABLE, Vol 22, Number 4, Fall 2006; The Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Historical Society, Inc.
© Copyright The Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Historical Society, 2007.


 

<center><IMG src=">
Engine #42, with its southbound consist of freight train #32, blasts past the Baldwin station on a cold winter day. Photo source: William M. Moedinger, circa 1940.

 

Fischer, Rudy, Scenes From Ma & Pa Country - Then & Now: Baldwin Station Area, TIMETABLE, Vol 19, Number 3, Summer 2003; The Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Historical Society, Inc.
© Copyright The Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Historical Society, 2004.